I didn't even know Postpartum Doulas existed when I had my three babies. I wish I had! Postpartum Doulas can be so helpful to recovery and sanity of mom. They're also so great for getting the new family dynamic off to the right start.
Postpartum Doulas are experts at helping moms and babies adjust to their new lives together. A few things Postpartum Doulas do:
- Your Postpartum Doula will come to you when you need help the most. This includes overnight care and help! Or maybe your most stressful time of day is early morning, newborn in tow, getting older kids ready for school- whatever the need or time of day, we're there to help.
- Judgement-free support 100% of the time. We don't expect you to have this down, we don't even expect you to have showered! We are there to provide help with zero judgement or expectations.
- Speaking of showers... Make a luxurious shower a part of your daily routine! Your Postpartum Doula can hold down the fort.
- Send us to the grocery store or bring us along as a second set of hands. I've done a lot of grocery shopping for new moms over the years!
- Batch cooking. Many Postpartum Doulas, like myself, are experts in batch cooking and can fill your fridge with delicious, healthy, ready-to-make meals.
- Emotional support. Wether you need to vent, process your birth, or be over the moon excited about motherhood. We're here to listen.
- Sleep. Go take a nap. Rest knowing that your Postpartum Doula is highly trained in newborn care and can handle baby, and even siblings, while you get much needed sleep.
From a Postpartum Doula you can expect a high level of expertise. We are rigorously trained and it is part of our job to stay up-to-date on important, researched based information pertaining to babies, mama, and the postpartum time. We're also professional and flexible. Postpartum Doulas strive for a high level of professionalism and flexibility. Many work varying shifts, from night time, to day time, to both and everything in between. It's truly a service catered to you and your family needs.
If you're in the Asheville area and are interested in Postpartum Doula Services, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org