01. Who inspires you?
Britney Spears. I really feel that if she can survive 2007 I can survive anything.
Ok, ok. A lot of people inspire me, really. My husband, my children, Ina May Gaskin, Frida Kahlo, Vincent Van Gogh, Joseph Campbell, Tolkein, birthing women, single mothers, career women... The list goes on and on.
02. What was the best concert you ever attended?
I'd have to say the best live concert I've attended was Loreena Mckennitt. The use of irish folk intruments, live story-telling, and her haunting voice were amazing.
03. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
Anywhere with my husband and children.
04. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
Oh, a CAT obviously!
05. What’s the last book you read?
Strange the Dreamer.
06. What are you passionate about?
Aside from doula, midwifery, and birth work. I'm passionate about female empowerment, social justice, and natural health and healing.
07. What’s your favorite movie?
Oh, that's hard. I love everything from Pride and Prejudice, You've Got Mail, and Midnight in Paris, to Casa Blanca, Kill Bill (Vol 2 ;) ) and Little Miss Sunshine. I love movies and love so many of them.
08. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Taking three kids to the dentist by myself comes to mind right now...
09. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
Stranger Things 2 and eagerly awaiting The Punisher. I'm a bit of a fantasy and superhero nerd. But I'm usually continually bingeing Gilmore Girls too.
10. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
Most people don't know that I'm an avid writer and artist along with being a birth worker, running a couple businesses, and raising three kids. Ha! I'm working on an art journal, a children's book, and a novel.
11. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
My cat. He lives the dream.
12. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
Last year I endured one of the most taxing weeks of my life. I was run down. tired, emotional, and out of sorts. My husband surprised me with a date to this beautiful little French inspired cafe in town. The menu was fully in French, but I remember steak au povr and pom frites and being overwhelmed with graditiude and love for him, my life, and that moment. That was hands down the best meal.
13. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
Probably Barcelona. The culture, history, food, and people seem amazing.
14. What are some of your pet peeves?
Loud chewing and weak handshakes.
15. What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
I know everything there is to know about sharks? Is that talent?
16. Which individual, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
18. What’s the most helpful way for you to get feedback?
I always prefer to talk to people face to face! Technology can get so cold. I believe a lot of miscommunications could be solved over a cup of tea.
19. What is your favorite family tradition?
I love movie night with my family. It's a simple weekly thing but we all look so forward to it. Each one of us takes a turn picking a movie, we make popcorn, and camp out in the living room with blankets.
20. Who is your least favorite superhero?
I'm a super nerd so it pains me to say it but... Iron Fist is pretty lame.